Update iOS registered applications and optionally restart SpringBoard.
- Iterate through the system applications and update the cache to reflect
any changes. This replicates behavior of the old
uicacheran without options.
- Forces all applications to be reregistered when used with
-arather than just the changes. This option will make
-asignificantly slower. When used with
uicachewill operate on apps installed from the App Store.
- Prints help text.
- Shows information about the application with the specified bundle ID.
- Lists the bundle ID and path for each registered application.
- Registers or updates an application bundle, at the specified path , to the cache.
- Restarts SpringBoard and backboard after all other actions.
- Unregisters an application bundle, using the specified path , from the cache.
- Print out which apps are registered and unregistered when used with
To refresh all applications
To register Sileo
uicache -p /Applications/Sileo.app
To show information about the Settings app
uicache -i com.apple.preferences
uicache utility first appeared in
uikittools on September 14, 2008, written by Jay
"Saurik" Freeman. Later, it was reimplemented by
CoolStar for the Chimera jailbreak on April 30,
were added to uikittools-ng on April 4, 2021, by Cameron
uicache utility does not work on any
applications that were installed from the App Store. There is a check to
prevent any modifications to them which will be overwritten by